Every weekday at 4:45pm, Allan gives you a tip to help improve your life. It’s WEBE Wellness! It could range from exercise to better sleep to eating healthy. A minute that could help enhance your world.
- WEBE Wellness: Eating Healthier When Dining Out
We all love to go out to eat, but it’s important to remember that comes with unintended consequences – primarily, trying to eat healthy. But there are some easy tips to keep in mind when sitting down at a restaurant if you want to keep up your healthy lifestyle: • Keep track of calories –…… Continue Reading
- WEBE Wellness: A Trick To Falling Asleep
If you have trouble falling asleep and you’ve tried absolutely everything, it may be time to take yourself away and go somewhere happy. Research shows thinking back on a happy memory may help – but you have to really put yourself in that memory. Recreating the experience in your mind is known as savoring –…… Continue Reading
- WEBE Wellness: Eat This 3x A Day To Help Your Heart
In the U.S., one out of every four deaths are caused by heart disease. Staying active and getting exercise will help against risk for cardiovascular disease, but there are some diet tricks that can help – including eating one type of food three times a day. Whole grains. A new study over the last 18…… Continue Reading
- WEBE Wellness: Nutrition Myths
You try your best to eat nutritiously…but are there some things you’re doing that aren’t helpful at all? Health experts have put together a list of nutrition myths – and top of the list is that fresh fruit is healthier than frozen. Sometimes canned stuff has added sugar – but whether it’s frozen or dried,…… Continue Reading
- WEBE Wellness: Doing Chores To Improve Your Brain Health
Most of us put off having to do household chores – but besides the fact that they need to be done, it can be great for your brain! A new study shows that older adults who spent more time on household chores showed greater brain size, which is a strong predictor of cognitive health. Scientists…… Continue Reading
We all love to go out to eat, but it’s important to remember that comes with unintended consequences – primarily, trying to eat healthy.
But there are some easy tips to keep in mind when sitting down at a restaurant if you want to keep up your healthy lifestyle:
• Keep track of calories – they can really add up – you may think a burger, fries and soda is just one meal, but it could be over 1,000 calories, about half of the recommended total! Consider a lower calorie meal, or only have half and save the rest for later.
• You can also make the same meal more nutritious depending on the way it’s prepared. Instead of fried or crispy, consider having the meat grilled, steamed, or baked.
• If you do order a sandwich, the carbs in bread can really add up fast – you might be able to get it bread-less entirely or on a lettuce wrap.
• When it comes to sides, fries and chips are fun, but consider a healthier choice like a salad or fruit.
• And when that salad does arrive, ask for any dressings on the side, so you can control your own portions and decide how much you really need. You might even prefer less!
Image Credit: d3sign / Moment