In the U.S., one out of every four deaths are caused by heart disease. Staying active and getting exercise will help against risk for cardiovascular disease, but there are some diet tricks that can help – including eating one type of food three times a day.
A new study over the last 18 years has shown that three servings of whole grains per day lowered hypertension, blood pressure, bad cholesterol, and weight gain.
The research showed how whole grains give us more vital nutrients – refined grains, as found in white bread, removes the vitamins, and leaves just starch. Plus, the fiber in whole grains makes us feel full longer, preventing overeating.
So, if you’re looking to replace refined grains for whole grains, it’s an easy substitution. One serving of whole grains can be anything from a slice of bread, a half cup of oat cereal, or a half cup of brown rice. And small changes in your diet now will make a huge difference over time.
Image Credit: Pineapple Studio / iStock / Getty Images Plus
Discover Your Talent.
Come work for us! We have an immediate opening for a Digital Marketing Specialist, with a primary focus selling our digital products and services. Ideal candidate has strong communication, presentation, and time-management skills, is outgoing and gregarious, and can sell to anyone! You will be dedicated to building and maintaining strong client relationships and representing both Connoisseur and our digital arm, Ferocious Media, in the marketplace. To be successful in this role, you must be highly-motivated, goal-oriented, and initiate conversations to generate and drive sales for our Connecticut cluster that includes: 99.1 PLR (WPLR), STAR 99.9 (WEZN), 95.9 The Fox (WFOX), WEBE108, 94.3WYBC and WICC600 and our digital company, Ferocious Media. We offer a fun, casual working environment with a great culture!
- Excellent cold-calling and networking capabilities to secure appointments.
- Conducts/attends daily virtual or in-person meetings with prospects assessing client needs and presenting digital offerings.
- Proven ability to identify new digital opportunities primarily through the tri-state area and country – prospecting leads and present/close appropriate digital marketing solutions to potential clients.
- Participate in regular training on various digital platforms/products; ability to learn and understand new trends.
- Accountable for achieving and exceeding sales objectives selling our diversified digital solutions – websites, SEO, SEM, programmatic/branding & awareness, and social media marketing.
- Collaborate with internal digital marketing and content teams to maintain account list.
- Digital or marketing experience with strong digital and social media skills.
- Experience in a client facing/customer service role; excels in providing excellent customer service.
- Outgoing personality with ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships with client and colleagues.
What We Offer.
We offer a competitive salary + commissions, laptop, and a full platform of benefits including paid time off, healthcare benefits, retirement savings, and employee assistance plan. We have a great high-energy work environment and hybrid/remote is possible. We are very community minded, and our employees love to get involved in our events!
Send your resume to Shannon.Begley@connoisseurct.com. Please note that we are only hiring fully vaccinated employees unless you qualify for an exemption.
Connoisseur Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard any other characteristic protected by law.