Loan Originator – CT
If you’re an experienced and motivated Mortgage Loan Originator ready to take your career to the next level, iServe Residential Lending is the place for you! We are a multi-state direct lender committed to providing a level of service that exceeds expectations within the mortgage industry. Getting your deals done takes teamwork. Join the iServe team.
The iServe Winning Team – Experience the iServe Difference:
- Ginnie Mae issuer with guidelines down to 600 credit score
- Approachable support staff that closes your deals on time
- Operations team that recognizes the importance of your networking connections
- Dedicated marketing support to help you get more business
- Direct access to underwriting hotline for all your questions
- Diverse product mix
- State of the art technology
- Visionary leadership, exceptional corporate culture and open communication
- Industry innovators at the forefront promoting individualized growth and success
Our players get the job done with a smart, reliable and consistent approach. Utilizing an all-in-one lending platform, we work hard to get every loan done as promised. We’re a team you can count on for success.
iServe also offers a strong compensation plan, fringe benefits, a casual work environment and flexible scheduling. While other lenders are looking for ways to say “NO” to a loan, iServe is looking for ways to say “YES.”
Say “YES” to working with iServe today! Please see job details below:
SUMMARY: The Loan Originator position requires maintaining minimum production standards, progressing towards exceeding those minimums.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Engage in selling loan products outside the office more than 50% of the time.
- Submit loans, working efficiently with borrower, branch and corporate office.
- Maintain comprehensive working knowledge of:
- Current Rates and Products
- Company Policy and Procedure
- Regulatory Compliance Requirements
- Company provided tools
- FHA/Conventional/VA process
- Maintain state licensing; continuing education required
- Effectively use all marketing channels available
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with Real Estate professionals
- Communicate effectively with all parties involved, including, but not limited to:
- Branch manager
- Operations Manager and Dept.
- Underwriting Coordinator
- Present a professional image and demeanor both within the company and externally
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To preform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Employee must be a motivated self-starter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years job-related experience. Residential mortgage banking knowledge and experience in negotiations or sales is required. Basic knowledge of PCs and related Microsoft office applications. Some college course work in business or finance preferred.
SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS: Self-motivated with strong desire to succeed. Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Strong team-oriented atmosphere. Professionalism and integrity are essential.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret mortgage documents, real estate contracts, valuation forms and attorney correspondence, as well as company and departmental policies and procedures. Strong ability to communicate effectively to customers, vendors and employees of the company.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic mathematical skills.
REASONING ABILITY: Strong ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to problem solve under a variety of situations and circumstances.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: NMLS License specific to state of employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift up to ten pounds.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring hand movement and fine coordination including use of a keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. VISION: See in the normal visual range with or without correction. HEARING: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment with climate control. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
FAIR LENDING RESPONSIBILITIES: Loan Originators should exercise consistency, equal treatment and fairness during the performance of their jobs. Each Loan Originator will be held accountable for his or her fair lending responsibilities. In the event that fair lending deficiencies are observed or noted in the Loan Originator’s job performance, the Loan Originator will receive counseling and/or adequate training in an effort to correct the deficiency. If the deficiency continues, the Loan Originator may be subject to more severe action including employment termination.