General Contest Rules
The decision of station prevails in all instances. No purchase necessary to win. Employees, families of Cumulus Media, related companies and agencies or other broadcast stations are not eligible. If you’ve won during the past 30 days, you are not eligible to win again until 30 days are over. In fairness to all listeners, for prizes valued at one thousand dollars or more, eligibility is limited to once every six months. Winners are not eligible to participate in station contests after winning another one for 30 days from date won. Winners may only win once during seasonal or on-going contests. Winners who win $1,000 or more in prizes or cash are not eligible to win for six months after the day they’ve won. Any contest is void where prohibited by law. Only one entry per family. You must be 18 or older to play. Each entry received in the allotted time period in the case of a write-in contest in the correctly designated manner in the case of either a write-in or call-in contest is eligible to win the designated prize. Only 1 entry per person will be allowed unless otherwise stated. In the case of call-in contests, the correct numbered caller in consecutive order as announced on the air wins. Time Delay Between Over-theAir Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener winning this Contest may be diminished. Contest winners are responsible for taxes in compliance with all laws in connection with the winning and enjoyment of the prize. If required, winner must secure the prize in person by showing suitable identification and by signing a receipt. Unless otherwise stated, prizes must be picked up at 2 Lafayette Square in Bridgeport, Connecticut during regular business hours within 90 days of winning the prize. In many cases, the prizes will be mailed. Each entrant in the contest acknowledges that in the event he or she is a winner, the station has the right to publicize and broadcast their names, voices and likeness. In the case of a call-in contest, the act of voluntarily phoning the stations following a contest call-in solicited by the station announcer over the air constitutes implicit permission to broadcast the contestant. Toll free accessible. Effective 1/1/2009 ONLY CONNECTICUT RESIDENTS ELIGIBLE FOR CASH PRIZES. 1-800-number is accessible from Connecticut only. WICC/WEBE disclaims any responsibility for inability to complete a telephone call within the allotted time period, whether due to telephone equipment malfunction, busy lines, or otherwise. WICC/WEBE has the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
Five Question Quiz Contest Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of WEBE108, Cumulus Broadcasting, Inc.,
2 Lafayette Square, Bridgeport, CT 06604 during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
1. No purchase is necessary.
2. Must be 18 years of age or older to win.)
3. All contests are open to the general public except for employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates of WEBE108, Cumulus Broadcasting, Inc., participating sponsors, their immediate families, and household members
4. An individual may win an on-going contest only once per six-month period unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest.
5. The contest will run indefinitely until determined by WEBE108.
6. The daily minimum eligible prize is $108. The first jackpot starts at $108. Each day the 5 questions are not answered correctly $10 increments will be added to the daily prize. Once all five questions have been correctly answered by the caller, the daily jackpot is reset to $108. (Answers are determined correct by matching the answers pre-determined by the WEBE108 panel of experts.)
7. WEBE108 may award consolation prizes which will be determined. Consolation prize winners are considered winners and must adhere to the 30 day waiting period until eligible to win another on-air contest.
8. Listeners can enter the contest by calling the WEBE108 studio line, 1-800-WEBE108 during the WEBE108 Morning Show at approximately 7:00am. . Effective 1/1/2009 ONLY CONNECTICUT RESIDENTS ELIGIBLE FOR CASH PRIZES. 1-800-number is accessible from Connecticut only.
9. When the WEBE108 Morning Show host announces the 5-Question Quiz, approximately 7:00am, the 8th caller will be the chosen participant to answer the quiz. If the caller correctly answers all 5 questions by matching their answers with the answers determined by the WEBE108 panel of experts, they win the 5 Question Quiz cash jackpot.
10. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize / prizes valued at over $600 will be issued an IRS form 1099 to report their winnings.
11. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Gifts/prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged.
12. The station shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver prizes as promised.
13. All entrants and winners agree that WEBE108, Cumulus Broadcasting, Inc., and their affiliates, shall have no liability and shall be held blameless for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property insured by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest by use or non-use of any prize received.
15. All prizes will be mailed, or can be claimed in person at the WEBE108 studios at 2 Lafayette Square, Bridgeport, CT 06604, during regular business hours and within ten business days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to the station to be disposed of at their discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
16. Proper identification must be presented to claim prize. Winners will be asked to fill out a Winner’s Affidavit and Release.
17. All entry blanks, forms devices and materials, as well as all the information contained on or within, gathered during the course of entry, shall become the sole property of the station to be used, disposed of or destroyed at the discretion of the station.
18. All entrants and winners agree that the station may broadcast or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including their voice, recorded or live, for any reason the station deems necessary without compensation. All entrants further agree to hold the station blameless and without liability for such publication, broadcast or use.
19. The station reserves the right to end a contest at any time without any advanced notice to the public
20. The station reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
21. The station reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize.
22. Violations of any of these rules or attempts to win any contest by fraud, deception, or cheating shall be grounds for the station to disqualify that individual from participating in all current and future contests and events at the sole discretion of the station, as well as forfeiture of any prize or prizes won by fraudulent means.
Thousand Dollar Song
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WEBE108 (“Station”), owned and operated by Cumulus Media Holdings Inc. or one of its subsidiary companies, 2 Lafayette Square, Bridgeport, CT 06604 , during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the Bob’s of Milford/ WEBE108 “Thousand Dollar Song” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
- Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s listening area. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Media Holdings Inc., its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s listening area, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Individual may only win once during Contest period. Prize to be awarded by Bob’s Buick GMC of Milford (“Sponsor”).
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 12:01am ET on April 3, 2014 and will run through 5:00pm ET on May 1, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. You will automatically be entered into the Contest once you complete one of the following:
(i) On-Air: Listen to the Station Thursdays between 9:00am ET and 5:00pm ET during the Contest Period. When the Station plays the Designated Song of the Day, listeners should call the Station at 1-800-WEBE108 (1-800-932-3108). ONLY CONNECTICUT RESIDENTS ELIGIBLE FOR CASH PRIZES. 1-800-number is accessible from Connecticut only. Caller 108 to the Station, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, will be selected as the winner. Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished.
- Verification of Potential Winner. POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the Contest Prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Grand Prize. Five (5) $1000.00 prizes will be awarded in this Contest. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time. Station reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. Winner will be paid by check written by Bob’s Buick GMC of Milford. Winners must pick up prize at Bob’s Buick GMC of Milford, 750 Bridgeport Avenue, Milford on a date agreed upon by Station, Sponsor & Winner.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Station’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance or completion of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Station, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reason causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available or claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained after May 2, 2014 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Contest Sponsor identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: CUMULUS MEDIA HOLDINGS, INC., WEBE108, 2 Lafayette Square, Bridgeport, CT 06604.